I think that Disney movies stay active in our collective memory because they actually show parallels to our lives. Few movies do this in a meaningful way, ye Disney does it time and time again.
So here are a couple of quotes that found their way into my life (and why):
- "Just keep swimming" – Dory, Finding Nemo
- Anytime I run into something difficult
- "Oh, wee lamb." – Merida, Brave
- when my sister was complaining
- "Where is my supersuit?" – Lucius, The Incredibles
- When anything has gone missing, or when my sister would borrow/steal a clothes from my closet
- "Because I'm a lady, that's why" – Marie, The Aristocats
- Whenever my boyfriend questions my behavior
- "But daddy I love him!" – Ariel, The little mermaid
- I just find this one fun to yell dramatically
- "I'm especially good at expectorating!" Gaston, Beauty and the Beast
- Use this one in those "oh, duh" moments I sometimes find myself in
- "How about a girl whose gotta brain? And always speaks her mind? ...NAH!" – Mulan, Mulan
- When people don't take me serious because I am a woman
- "Adventure is out there!" – Up
- This one makes me cry
- "Hakuna Matata" – Lion King
- I mean, come on, it means no worries! That is good right!
Yeah, I know, I am a Disney nerd....
- "It's apples that makes the men folks mouth's water" – Snow White
- This one gets used when apples are present. But, I will admit, they ain't only making mens mouth's water. I love apples!